Powered By Blogger

Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

save a turtle day

 I was driving home when I spotted this turtle on the side of road looking like he (or she) was waiting for the crossing signal to flash for him (or her) to cross the street.  Only problem was -- there was no such signal at this highly trafficked intersection.  So I did what I had to do.  I donned my red cape (aka a plastic Subway bag) and attempted to save this humongous turtle.  You think he'd be happy about it.  NOOOOOO WWWAAAYYYY!  long story short, a neighbor and friend pulled over and between the two of us and our umbrellas managed to garner the attention and amusement of many a passerby.  It  took a dad on his way to the school, to pull over, pull out his son's lacrosse stick from his trunk and literally flip our big friend on his merry and safe way.

No comments: